F.O.F. Occupational Therapy Services is focused on providing Driving Rehabilitation services to the adults who have experienced difficulty driving due to illness, injury, or age-related changes. However, F.O.F. Occupational Therapy Services is equipped to provide a full range of Occupational Therapy services to increase the quality of life in all areas.
Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of functional limitations resulting from visual impairment primarily due to Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetes and Acquired Brain Injury
- Knowledgeable in evaluation techniques to determine the amount of remaining vision that a client has available to use to complete daily activities including assessments for distance acuity, reading performance and contrast sensitivity function
- Experienced in providing reading training, daily living skills training, scotomae awareness training, preferred retinal loci training, handwriting training, optical and other low vision aids/equipment training and functional mobility training
- Provides in home assessments and modifications to insure home safety and maximize independence as a result of visual impairment.
Accessibility Consultation, Home Modifications and Assistive Technology, Aging in Place Specialist:
- Perform home assessments for seniors and those with mobility/accessibility issues and for safety hazards
- Experience in evaluating to determine the effects of functional decline and limitations due to aging and disability
- Qualified to make recommendations to determine the most appropriate types of assistive technology, adaptive equipment and specialized products to maximize independence, and safety of clients being assessed for environmental modifications
- Knowledgeable in basic principles of universal design, inclusive design and barrier free design